Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Having a problem with driver door window in a 2000 Ford

Customer Question

Having a problem with driver door window in a 2000 Ford mustang. When I push the button to roll the window down I can hear a click by the fuse panel. I don't hear it when I try to roll the. Window up. It's not a problem in the switch itself. I'm thinking either a relay issue or a possible loose wire
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

First how do you know its not the switch?

And you could be right.. I would start by pulling back the rubber boot that the wires run through between the front of the door and the cabin of the car. Many times the wires will be broken/frayed/shorted in there. It only takes a few minutes to check that and if you see obvious damage it will save you some testing.