Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2007 f150 with 150K miles. Well taken care of has

Customer Question

I have a 2007 f150 with 150K miles. Well taken care of has run great. I proactively replaced all water and power steering hoses. As part of this service I disconnected the battery for several days. When I started it back up after service the engine cold idled fine. Once operating temperature was achieved, it just died. It restarted immediately would run for a minute or so and die again, did this several times. No MIL light, absolutely NO codes thrown. Thoughts?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can you keep it from stalling by applying throttle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Moose. Sorry for the late reply. I fixed it an hour after I sent the question in. A thorough inspection of the engine compartment revealed that the "latching mechanism" on the MAF sensor connector had broken. I must have bumped or tugged it somehow. It was making and breaking contact with various pins causing stalls rough tip ins and eventually throwing some codes. Fixed it and it runs fine. Very fragile connector btw.

Glad its resolved.