AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I had a ford expedition 08 and now have a lincoln navigator

Customer Question

I had a ford expedition 08 and now have a lincoln navigator 08 L. My Expedition 08 had an Android based aftermarket stereo that was build for expedition as a plug and play (Same harness). I would like to install it on my Lincoln Navigator L with THX system. Though harnesses match i am not sure if wiring match.
Note: my current Navigator is equipped with a small unit similar to Pack 4 on which Kenwood DNX 7200 stereo is installed. everything therefore works perfectly alright in terms of stereo switching off on opening of driver door and auxiliary jack working.
I have wiring diagram for my new stereo.
i notice that the sound of lincoln is very low comparably to my expedition though lincoln has more speakers and two amplifiers.
i would appreciate your support and wiring diagram for the lincoln too.
I wonder also if my lincoln has subwofer installed as nothing is connected to current wiring
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Your lincoln is supposed to be equipped with 2 sub woofers. Left Rear and Right Rear. As far as wiring diagrams, I will add a picture of the connector for the stereo. For the complete wiring diagram, I need to know if your thx system is with dvd entertainment or without.

connector

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My navigator comes with a DVD however for this region the stereo is replaced with a kenwood DNX 7200 using a Pac type accessories which reads ford canbus.should you need any screenshots of anything let me know.the sub woofers you were referring to, where are they located.

I have put together an album with all the diagrams for the thx system and also has the location for the sub woofer.

http://s521.photobucket.com/user/aztechbrian/library/navigator

Let me know if this helps you at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate if you let me know if I can connect an aftermarket radio made for ford expedition 08 to 14 to the lincoln.i am waiting for your answer

Sorry for the delays. I just realized, your 10 hours ahead of me. Sorry nobody has answered you yet. I opted out in hopes that a ford trained tech might be able to answer your question better but it's been a while so I'll do what I can. My opinion is that you will be able to connect it, but not everything will be functional. There are system components that your navigator has from the factory that will not be supported by a system that was designed specifically for an expedition, and vice versa. That is my opinion. If you would like though, I can opt out of the question and we can wait and see if a ford tech comes available and can give you the specifics you need. I can provide you with all the diagrams, etc. Please let me know what you would like me to do to help you better. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.I will try that way. But I will need thr diagram for all the three harnessea.. 16 pin connector 12 and 8. You had sent me the 16 on I guess.Thanks

Thats the only stereo connector they show, but I do have multiple wiring diagrams that I have put in an album for you to view and print the ones that you need. If you need other wiring diagrams, there are more, but these are all the diagrams for the THX system. Let me know if the wiring diagrams are helpful.

http://s521.photobucket.com/user/aztechbrian/library/navigator%20stereo%20wiring