Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Changed an 88 ford 302 roller engine from fuel injection to

Customer Question

Changed an 88 ford 302 roller engine from fuel injection to a carb and now i have misfire on #8 cyl new duraspark dist,plugs,wires i can pull off the plug wire no change 90lbs compression on the 1st revolution 120lbs after 3 revolution been through this before cant figure it out
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The compression reading you are getting on this cylinder indicate you likely have a valve seating problem either due to a bad valve guide and or seat. The 90 PSI is to low even for the first crank. I would do a running compression test on two known good cylinders as well as the #8 cylinder and compare the readings with the #8 cylinder. The reading on all of the cylinder should be pretty close to the same. If the #8 show lower then the known good cylinder then your problem is with the valves and or valve guides on that cylinder.