Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My moonroof won't close from the vent position in a 2009

Customer Question

My moonroof won't close from the vent position in a 2009 f250. When I opened it all the way there was a Loud popping noise but it opened and closed properly. I vented it and now it acts like it wants to close but it doesn't. If you push down on the drivers side of the glass it is very flimsy but if you do the same on the passengers side it is stiff. it is currently stuck in vent position. Please help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The track or guides or cable has broken. We need to get the roof opening panel out of the truck to inspect it to see what is broken. If that is something you can do, then I have the steps to do so.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris