Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

I have a 2001 expedition that I recently purchased that only

Customer Question

I have a 2001 expedition that I recently purchased that only came with one key.. Also I don't know the door entry code. Can you help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Scott

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

The only help I can be is to tell you a key can be cut and must be programmed to the vehicle at a dealership or locksmith. The key is a PATS key that has a elecronic chip inside that must be programmed before the vehicle will start.

When they are programming the key, the entry code can be pulled for the keyless, years ago you could get the code by looking at the 5 digit code on the module body, the only way to retrieve this code now is with a IDS scan tool at a dealer or locksmith.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

If you have more questions just ask, thanks Scott