Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

I have a 1979 ford f150 351 modified. I have been having

Customer Question

I have a 1979 ford f150 351 modified. I have been having electrical problems from time to time. The truck will just die, most of the time it will start back up, but today it didn't. So I replaced the ignition control. I checked the gas, it was getting some. Eventually it started, running rough then evened out. I drove it home, ran good.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

What is the current issue you are having with the vehicle since driving it home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stranded me today and dont want it to happen again

Do you have the tools and knowledge necessary to troubleshoot the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do i need

Years of experience repairing automotive electrical systems, a good multi meter, patience, and a lot of time, also you will need a good spark tester, and a fuel pressure guage. You will need to determine what is dropping out spark or fuel when the stall occurs. Also if the timing chain is worn severely it can present these symptoms as well.

Please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you have given your rating until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I had years of experience trouble shooting electrical systems on automobiles I wouldn't have paid for u to tell that. The motor is a reman from autozone chain should b good.

I'm sorry for the delay, I had some internet access issues, I can only make suggestions based on how detailed your information is, I was only trying to determine what tools and experience you might have, to be able to assist you the best way possible with my answers.