Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 2003 windstar just dies going down the road and won't do

Customer Question

My 2003 windstar just dies going down the road and won't do anything when turning ignition over
Intermittent problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

With the current information the 2 most probable causes are the ignition switch and the cam sensor synchronizer failing. When it stalls, what must you do to get the vehicle to crank so it will start?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the van wont even turn over. it seems to have juice to interior ect. But when driving down road just stopped and wont
even crank now.

Thanks that helps. Remove the starter relay under the hood. Check all of the pins, does one have battery voltage, if so then hold the key in the start position and see if another pin is now powered. Let me know those results.