Mike, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  19yrs Automotive and Bus experience. Owner/Operator/Tech of Auto repair facility
12094419

I HAVE A 2005 FORD F150 LARIET IN MINT CONDITION-784000

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2005 FORD F150 LARIET IN MINT CONDITION-784000 MILES.I PURCHASED IT IN 2003 FROM A FORD DEALER.AFTER I GOT IT I HAVE HAD A PROBLEM -WHEN I AM DRIVING AND NEED TO STOP I PUSH THE BRAKE PEDAL BUT MY FOOT HITS THE GAS PEDAL ALSO AND THE MOTOR STARTS GOING FASTER AND FASTER AS I PUSH ON THE BRAKE PEDAL.THERE ARE TIMES THAT WHEN STOPPING AT STOP SIGN AND PUSH THE BRAKE PEDAL MY FOOT PUSHES THE GAS AT THE SAME TIME AND THE MOTOR IS GOING SO FAST THAT WHEN I TAKE MY FOOT OFF THE BRAKE I LEAVE 30 FOOT OF BLACK MARKS ON THE PAVEMENT.I HAVE COME SO CLOSE TO GOING THROUGH MY GARAGE DOOR AND WALL.I HAVE SO CLOSE TO CAUSING ACCIDENTS OR HURTING SOMEONE.ANYONE WHO KNOWS OR SEEN THIS HAPPEN GET AS FAR AWAY FROM MY TRUCK AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID INJURY.THIS HAS HAPPENED AT LEAST 250 TIMES UP TO NOW.I HAVE BEEN TO FORD DEALERS AND THEY CANNOT FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM.I PUT MESSAGES ON THE INTERNET TO YOU AND THE SAFTEY AGENCY THAT LOOKS INTO THESE TYPE OF PROBLEMS WITH NO RESPONSE.THE CHEVROLET GAS PEDAL IS ONLY ABOUT HALF AS WIDE AS FORD IS WHICH GIVES MORE ROOM SO WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS PUSHED IT DOES NOT ALSO HIT THE GAS PEDAL.PLEASE HELP BEFORE I DO HURT SOMEONE.I AM A RETIRED POLICE CHIEF AND DROVE OVER A MILLION MILES AND ALSO DRIVE A CHEVROLET TRUCK OF MY FRIEND AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM SUCH AS I HAVE NOW.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my truck has 74000 miles on it not784000
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Im not sure if it is possible to answer you question to your satisfaction. But I will try to give you some advice. You could try to install a block on the brake pedal wich would raise the height of the pedal, Allowing you to press the brake pedal at a higher position, Away from the gas pedal. But, If you were my best freind in the wolrd, This is the advice I would give you, Sell this truck, And Buy a vehicle that fitts your feet and Driving style better.

Good Luck, Mike