Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

99 f150 keeps eating computers, and now when I spin the

Customer Question

99 f150 keeps eating computers, and now when I spin the starter, about 6 revolutions, it stops acts as if hydro locked, I assume hydo cuz I never heard any mechanical grinding or breaks. I can turn motor backwards with breaker bar, did this for 5 revolutions, then again starter will spin 4-6 revs then motor locks, summary 2 problems now. It did smell of gas when turning over,
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

It is possible one or more cylinder are full of fuel or coolant. Can you remove the spark plugs then try to crank the engine to see if it will spin freely?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris