Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I hv 3.73 gear on f150 07 I want chamge to 4.10it will make

Customer Question

I hv 3.73 gear on f150 07 I want chamge to 4.10it will make a difference more better take off can tell me plz
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I did a test prior to purchasing my 08 F350. Two identical super duties engine and transmission and tires all except the 3.73 and 4.10 axle. At 70 mph the 3.73 ran 2050 rpms, the 4.10 ran 2200 rpms. Yes you will notice more power and better take off, however the amount you notice it will be very minimal. To be honest its not worth the expense based on the mods you have done and what appears your wanting to get. You would need a bigger jump like a 4.30 or 4.55 kind of ratio. Do note though, this will decrease your highway fuel mileage.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris