Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 1998 F150 the issue is the size of the driver side

Customer Question

I have a 1998 F150 the issue is the size of the driver side rear break line from the wheel cylinder to the split off.. what size is the fitting? I think the line is 3/16 obviously but the question is what is the fitting going out of the wheel cylinder to the main T joint, the shop says it's 1/4 threads.. but it doesn't seem to turn in very well. If someone out there has done the rear metal lines that could explain the size of the one over sized fitting for the rears I would appreciate it....thanks...Neil
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Normally they are 1/4 inch lines and 3/16 inch fittings. The fittings are based on the size of the line. Are you sure the threads are not messed up on either ends, that can cause the fitting to have excessive turning force.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris