Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have a 99 ford ranger xlt. It sat days while I was out of

Customer Question

I have a 99 ford ranger xlt. It sat for two days while I was out of town it was raining while I was gone. I come back to find that the power windows, dome light, windsheild whipers and 4x4 does not work there may be more not working, I checked the fuses in the cab and engine compartment and they are fine. What direction should I go next
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Exactly which fuses did you check and did you use a voltmeter to check them or did you just look to see if they were blown? If I need to look up wiring diagrams, what engine came in this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked fuse 26 in the cab and 4 in the compartment with a multi meter I also have power at the switch for windows not at the motor and it's a 4.0 v6
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

No power to which motor?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Which switch also?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I see the voltage from the fuse 26 feeds the battery saver relay which in turn feeds the interior lights and transmission as well as the gem and power windows, so replace that relay if it's both replaceable and not expensive, then let me know if that don't fix it.

Here is that wiring diagram.