Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Pete here 1988 ford no injector pulse still not working

Customer Question

pete jeff here 1988 ford no injector pulse still not working installed 2 new telays
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jeff.

Are you getting the correct voltage now up at the injector wires on the red wires with the key on and when cranking the engine?

Let me know so we can continue, thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no still no or low voltage during cranking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
installed new relay and pig tail
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,there should be a yellow wire as well as a white wire with light blue stripe at this relay.Test and see if these wires have 12 volts with key on and when cranking the engine and let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yellow wire key on 11.7 cranking 9.4 white wire key on 11.7 cranking .795
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,the white wire comes from the electronic ignition switch and it actually engages the relay to operate properly.With low voltage at this wire this will cause poor connection in the relay.Check the wiring to the switch and make sure it is o.k. and test this wire at the ignition switch to see if it has 12 volts when cranking.If it does not the ignition switch itself is not sending enough voltage through to the relay to allow starting and electronics operation.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Just a second the diagram is a little off let me double check this real quick.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The white wire leads to the ignition switch but before it gets to the switch it has a 20 gauge blue fusible link in line that connects the red/light green wire at the switch to the white wire.Check the red/light green wire for 12 volts when cranking coming out of the ignition switch.If it doesn't have this voltage the switch needs replaced.If it does I suspect the fusible link between the two wires needs replaced as it may be corroded.

Thanks Pete