sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 1997 ford f-150, six cyl., the a/c and heater stopped

Customer Question

My 1997 ford f-150, six cyl., the a/c and heater stopped working at the same time, the blower still works fine. what could be the problem?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

I'm assuming that you've lost the ability to control temperature if you can't get it to blow cold nor hot. If the blend door is no longer moving and it failed in an area near the middle of it's travel then it can blow near ambient temperature. If the blend door isn't moving it is usually an actuator failure but it could be the door itself, wiring or the control head.

With the engine at operating temperature are both heater hoses at the firewall too hot to comfortably hold with no perceptible temperature difference between the two?