Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

2006 Ford F550 6.0 diesel Wont start when hot. It has new

Customer Question

2006 Ford F550 6.0 diesel Wont start when hot. It has new injector harness and regulator, seals to injector. I was watching as running the IDS had regulator, going from 30 to 84.75 up and then down. The FICM dose sink, When cranking over 13, 13.5, 47 volts
and when I was cranking went down to 10.5 -11 and 46.5 volt, ICP 46v the IPR 84.76 ICP desired 702 actual 202. When running runs good.But shut down no start.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

The majority of the time this turns out to be the high pressure oil pump.

Are you prepared to do the testing or are you just wanting ideas on what it may be or what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the regulator is controlled by the ICP sensor. but to cycle up and down I have not seen before. It gets to one point and then after a couple of minutes changes. What test you want me to do.

You need to remove the ICP and connect an air hose to a fitting that screws into the ICP hole and ground the regulator to see if its working.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done this here no air but a tiny bit of smoke on last two injectors.

What else has been done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WE CHECK REGULATOR, EVEN WHEN CRANK NO MORE THAN 44, IPR WHEN UNPLUGGED GOES TO DESIRED RIGHT AWAY BUT STILL DOSE NOT START. WHEN PLUGED IN LOW. 2,3, HUNDRED PSI, STARTED WITH FUEL ON RAG, STARTED RIGHT UP. CHECKED INJ FLOW, ALL GOOD WE REPLACED 2 INJECTORS, ALL NEW SEALS.

So when you tested you heard hissing air then when you activated the IPR it almost stopped but you could hear a little air?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that was corrected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
press concern any thought
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the oil when filter held down suppose to drain back?