Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2011 ford fusion and i have a check enginer light

Customer Question

i have a 2011 ford fusion and i have a check enginer light on. The code is p0455. I have changed out the purge valve, fill neck, and the charcoal fill system under rear of car. I removed the cable from battery to reset codes and about the 150 mile mark the check engine light came on and fill check light came on. I dont know what to do know. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** vent solenoid is another component that can cause an evap leak. I'd recommend having a smoke test done, if smoke test does not show problem then replace the fuel tank pressure sensor. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dan,Can you provide a part number that you have recommended? I changed out the charcoal filter system and the valve that is connected. Is this the fuel tank pressure sensor? When I change all the parts I have listed I still smell a slight fuel oder.Thanks,
Shawn
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If you have a slight fuel odor that means you have a small leak somewhere. At this point I think your money is best spent paying shop to do the smoke test. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.