Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have NO engine codes.Replace the cam sensor two weeks ago,

Customer Question

Hey Brad..I have NO engine codes.Replace the cam sensor two weeks ago, NO excessive noise as others have described...I have what feels like a breakdown at 1200rpm..Truck shake like tranny is failing, bu shifting to 4th manually drives the rpms to 1600 rpm and shake/miss stopps..Happens most often at 45mph @ 1200/1400 rpm...05 Lincoln 5.4
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

At 45mph in overdrive and this shake occurs, are you lugging the engine or going up a small hill? Kind of right there on the verge of it down shifting so speed and rpms can increase? If so then its one of the coils weak and misfiring. A diagnostic tool to run a power balance test will tell you which cylinder is the culprit.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Advice was excellent. I ordered new coil packs

Glad I could help.