Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Why is my ABS Light intermittent? 2007 Chev Uplander

Customer Question

Why is my ABS Light intermittent?
2007 Chev Uplander
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The light being intermittent like this here indicates that the fault the anti lock brake unit is detecting is intermittent.This is usually something like a wheel speed sensor intermittently sending an incorrect signal as this is most common.It may also be another sensor/component with the anti lock brake system causing this fault needing replaced.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Then from there the codes can be diagnosed to locate and repair the cause of the fault.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.If not the codes need read out and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.