Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1998 4.6 lights dim, radio goes to static, tach goes, etc.

Customer Question

1998 4.6 lights dim, radio goes to static, tach goes nuts, etc.
what the hell is going on
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately your dealer is correct, this type of problem is going to require some hands on diagnostic and unfortunately its very hard to put an exact price on it with out looking at it. My first guess would be you may have a bad tack and or a a bad ground but the car will need hands on testing to determine that either way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think I have figured out the problem. ford dealer says battery of but I checked alternator and am sure that is the issue.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

A bad alternator would sure do it as well if the voltage was not holding steady. Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.