Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1996 f250 5.8l with a no start issue. it will start

Customer Question

i have a 1996 f250 5.8l with a no start issue. it will start on either and run normally once it is started. so im assuming it has spark. fuel pressure is 35-40 psi with a new fuel pressure regulator, any ideas on where to go next?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure you have good spark, as well as proper fuel pressure then the next step would be to check and see if you have injector pulse, if you find you are lacking injector pulse then take a look at the TP (throttle position sensor) . If by chance its stuck in the wide open throttle position it can cancel injector pulse which can cause a no start. The system is designed to shut the injectors to clear a flooded condition by hold the TP wide open. I suspect that is the problem you are have. Check it and post back if need be and we can work from there if need be.