A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Trying to get the key code 2005 ford freestyle I purchased

Customer Question

Trying to get the key code for the 2005 ford freestyle I purchased on 9/2. I have looked in the fuel reset, under the dash on the drivers side. Is there another way to get this code
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The keyless entry key code is programed into the dash fuse box and you will need a scan tool to retrieve it. Ford does not keep it in any databases. They used to print it on a decal on the back side of the dash fuse box, or in the older vehicles, it was printed on the Vehicle Security Module. But your 2005 Freestyle has everything incorporated inside the dash fuse box that Ford now calls the Smart Junction Box or SJB which is mounted under the drivers side of the dash.

Any Ford/Lincoln dealership service department can get it for you from your vehicle, but they will have to hook their scan tool to the vehicle to do it.