Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2006 escape with a CD4E trans. It takes off in

Customer Question

I have a 2006 escape with a CD4E trans. It takes off in first fin then shifts into second and starts to slip. If going uphill it slips for quite a bit then finally shift if I back off the throttle. On level ground it is just a short slip then shifts into third. There are no codes in the system.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Slipping results in the rpms rising high and fast but speed barely if at all increasing. Is that what your getting?

So far the symptoms are pointing to the 2-4 band slipping from the 2-4 servo seals leaking or the direct clutch hub weld is cracked and leaking pressure.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris