Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Having problems with my 2006 6.0 power stoke diesel truck,

Customer Question

having problems with my 2006 6.0 power stoke diesel truck, the turn signals are not working however the brake and flashers are. pin pointed the problem now but still hasnt solved it replaced the flasher relay and without starting the truck (just opening the key the turns signals work however as soon as you crank it the really burns up weird part is that the flasher still work though. tried two relays one from autolite and the second one from FORD. have look at all the other fuses and everything seems fine. what could it be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you.

Are any of the light burned out?

If you have a trailer tow package, look in the trailer hook up. Does it have corrosion or look wet? If so, spray electrical contact cleaner or brake cleaner (let it dry out if using brake cleaner) and then put dielectric grease in there. See if the problem still goes on.

When the lights flash fast, it usually means a bulb is burnt out or there is a issue with the trailer plug shorting from moisture. The flasher gets a different ohm reading and will flash faster because of the open/short in the circuit.

Give these a look and let me know what you find.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none of the bulbs are burnt out. Was wondering that myself to but when i tried it without cranking (starting the truck) with the new flasher relay they worked perfectly fine. i will try cleaning the tow hookup to see if there is any problem there in the morning. I appreciate it and ill let you know in the morning to see if that hopefully fixed the problem. Also do you know the locations of the grounds that might be associated with the turning signals or type of electrical groundThank you *****
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

They ground out at the GEM ground stud in the cab, left side of driver, behind the kick panel where the parking brake is.

Exterior they ground at the front frame for the front lights, both corners and the rear grounds on the cross member, right side where is comes to the bumper.

These are the ones I know of.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

With it acting up when you start the vehicle, It will be in the trailer socket or the brake controller since they don;t power until you start the vehicle. The ABS or "auxiliary" circuit as it is called. It is usually the blue wire that goes to the trailer 7 way plug.