Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1992 Ford Ranger 3.2L engine / no power, no headlights, no

Customer Question

1992 Ford Ranger 3.2L engine / no power, no headlights, no voltage at ignition
switch. Checked all fuses, Checked fuse link to alternator. Truck will start and have headlights if you jump the starter relay. No voltage on contact from switch.
Checked computer, alternator, starter. New battery. Problem occurred when battery was changed. Loud bang. No longer any power anywhere. Where is main
fuse for system??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

All power to the truck come from the battery at the starter solenoid , if the truck will start if you supply power to the solenoid then check you cable from the battery to the solenoid to make sure you have battery voltage to the solenoid from the battery , if that checks okay then make sure the three fuse link wires also have power in and out of them into the main harness. See the power distribution diagram in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuse%20link%20Sept%2013.pdf