Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

I have an 1999 Ford Explorer 4.0L eight digit in VIN is "X".

Customer Question

I have an 1999 Ford Explorer 4.0L eight digit in VIN is "X". It started cutting off while driving or while idling but starts right back up. It idled good. I have done the following:
changed fuel filters
changed crank sensor
changed coil pack
check fuel presure "60lbs"
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the problem is incorrect minimum airflow through the throttle body, this can be cleaned with the proper chemicals to remove the carbon buildup from the throttle plate in doing so the vehicle should stop stalling . please rate my service a 3 or above ,if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question ,I will continue to answer your questions even after you rate my service until you are satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cleaned the throttle body and I'm still having the same problem with the car cutting off.

If you have access to a live data scanner and can access the PID for the TPS sensor integral in the throttle body, you can verify the tps signal is dropping out under acceleration, or you can just replace the throttle body and solve your problem.

Please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you have given your rating until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not PLEASE ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.