George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

I am trying to change the air bag in the rear supension in a

Customer Question

I am trying to change the air bag in the rear supension in a 98 Expedition to a Spring
system and the air bag won't deflate. How do I deflate it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

This is a bag you are replacing? Either twist and pull the solenoid out or stab the bag to put a hole in it. be sure the vehicle is supported then you can use either method to let the air out. You can also turn onthe system and with the vehicle raised the computer will let the air out of the bags.

Please let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a bag with only 7 months on itl The pump runs off an on quite a bit, and rather than fix it I decided to replace it with springs.
Both air bags are still good. I don't want to put a hole in it. Where is the solenoid?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

The solenoid is on the upper side where the air line connects, remove the clip and twist the solenoid to remove or if the system is working you can turn on the system and the key with the vehicle raised the computer will vent the bag trying to lower the vehicle so that will let the air out.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you