Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I put that safty switch on my 98 2wd 2.5 Ranger and it

Customer Question

I put that safty switch on my 98 2wd 2.5 Ranger and it started a couple time's but won't start anymore what do you thinks wrong
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Ok, can you specify what safety switch - something aftermarket, clutch switch, park/neutral switch, or some other type of switch
Please remember that I am not there to see, test, or inspect your vehicle, so it is critical for you to provide as much detail as possible.
Also, if the antitheft light is on, I need to know this as well.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to tell you there is no anti theft light on
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Disconnect the connector from the switch and install a jumper wire between the terminals on the harness side connector should bypass it