James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My 2010 5.4 f150 will not crank over all the electric stuff

Customer Question

My 2010 5.4 f150 will not crank over all the electric stuff is on and I turn the key and bothing happens
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

When you turn the key to the on position does the red light flash very fast? Like 5 times a second?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's not the pats system
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Does this vehicle have a remote start or alarm installed? Do you have a test light to test for power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a remote start and alarm system
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

If you press the unlock on the remote to disable the starter inhibit will the vehicle start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it could be my ignition?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

No to which part? The starter can be imobolized by the alarm or remote start. That is very common. It could be the ignition switch isn't working properly and not turning on the starter. If the theft light was flashing I would suspect a faulty PCM power relay. Those are what suspect to be the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a brand new start out on yesterday and so do I need to replace the ignition switch!?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

A new starter can be bad out of the box. If you had a test light we can test for power. If you want to to guess I would replace the ignition switch. If you want the diagnostic to be 100% you will need to have some tools for testing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The starter was tested and is good
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Then I would suggest replacing the ignition switch if you are 100% the pats isn't malfunctioning.