James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a Ford 2005 F150. It has 130,000 miles on it When

Customer Question

I have a Ford 2005 F150. It has 130,000 miles on it When driving the other day I heard a swoosh sound a couple of times from the exhaust and now It sounds like a racing cam when it runs. We ran the scanner and it coded a PO345. Replaced the cam sensor and it still runs rough. We unhooked the cam senors and runs normal. We had previously replaced both cam phasers and it ran fine for a couple of months and now this. We have inspected the wires and connections and do not see anything there. When we replaced the cam phasers there was alot of gunk in the engine. We also replaced the spark plugs at that time, We ran a flush at that time. What next? Head is spinning
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, in order to correct this issue you want to test oil pressure. The oil pressure when the engine is hot shouldn't be less than 25 psi. If it lower then 25psi the engine can't run correctly since it throws off timing. Before you put any other parts on I would perform base oil pressure off of the oil filter housing so you know where to go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you!
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.