Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

My ford raptor suddenly engine stops while driving and

Customer Question

My ford raptor suddenly engine stops while driving and engine oil pressure alarm shows for a second on the screen and then it goes away. Then I have to wait for 5-10 min before it start again and move on. I have just serviced the truck and oil level shows healthy.
What could be the reason to this problem and how to fix it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, when the truck dies, will the engine crank or does nothing happen when turning the key?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine crank but won't run. Then if I try 5-10 later it runs.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks for replying, will it keep dying on you and restarting on a long trip? this is very much sounding like a fuel pump or crank sensor issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well on long drive ( say 2 hrs) it may die once. But on short drives it may die twice some times. If it is a fuel pump, then why do I get the engine oil pressure alarm straight after engine stops
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be fuel injector problem?
Also the yellow sign of check engine never goes away.. I tried to reset this once but it came back in few hours
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

well, if the key is on and the engine stops, the warning may just come on because the engine is dying, so we take it one step at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what should I do first?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The yellow check engine sign is always on... Even if the truck is running with no issues
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

ok so first we get the codes read, that will help us both TONS.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't understand your last message... Sorry?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

oh ok, ill explain

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

if the engine light is on then a code is stored, so you need to get the codes read with a scan tool, now if your near a parts store like autozone or oriellys or advanced, they can read the codes for no charge.