James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2012 f250 W 6.7 powerstroke, has a P0275 on cyl#5

Customer Question

I have a 2012 f250 W 6.7 powerstroke, has a P0275 on cyl#5 and p066E that keep comeing up. runs fine, just want to catch something before it gets bad
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you tell me how many miles are on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Injectors have about 15000, JUST built a new motor, has maybe 5 miles on it, runs great, but this code scares the shit out of me. if it needs an injector, I'll gladly buy one, but it isn't missing. but as soon as I clear the code, it's back in a matter of seconds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gotta get back to work, my business number is(###) ###-####and my cell { can call or text } is(###) ###-#### ***** steve
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

The biggest issue of course is the injectors serial number need to be programmed into the PCM. If this wasn't done it isn't going to work correctly. This will also cause code for contribution like you have. The other thing is the vehicle can be running normal but the PCM doesn't feel injector 5 is doing its job. As for the glow plug they aren't known to fail lot butninwouodnremovenitnandntestnitnfornthencorrectnresistance? It should be between .6-1.9 ohms igniting ok.