EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have 98 f150 we just put a same year motor in it run like

Customer Question

I have 98 f150 we just put a same year motor in it run like its out of balance and has no power
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Is the check engine light on? HAve you checked the codes? What are they? Also what engine is in the truck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 4.2 and no the engine is not and codes says nothing is wrong other. Than than left side intake butterflies aren't opening
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If the left side butterflies are not opening, you need to make sure the rod is attached to the butterflies to the vacuum motor. Then when you rev the engine over 3000 rpms the butterflies will open.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I dont recall off hand if it is by removing vacuum to the motor or applying it. I think the vacuum motors have vacuum all the time and lose it over 3000 rpm to open. First you need to make sure vacuum is at the left side vacuum motor when it should and shouldn't be.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Have you checked for vacuum to intake runner motors? Let me know if you have more questions and please rate my service. Thanks