Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2000 e350 7.3l diesel that won't start. A new

Customer Question

I have a 2000 e350 7.3l diesel that won't start. A new engine was installed, and prior to removing the old engine I was getting a #4 injector fault and a weak buzz from #8 on the buzz test. The new motor is a long block from Ford. I'm getting p1662 and
p1668 error codes now, and I can't perform a buzz test. I checked pin 14 on the idm harness and I'm not getting battery voltage. I swapped the idm relay, checked the idm fuse which was good. If I jump the idm relay socket I get voltage to pin 14 but the scanner
won't perform the buzz test. I've also swapped the pcm and idm with the same results. It will start with ether and run on its own.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the problem. The idm relay was not getting power from the ignition/battery diode circuit.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

This question was placed in the wrong category, so I had it moved to Ford. i apologize for the delay.

Did you wtill need assistance? It looks like you may have taken care of the issue already.

Let me know.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** it.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I will ask for customer service to refund this for you.

Thanks for the reply.