Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Is the fuel pump mounted on the frame rail, under the driver

Customer Question

Is the fuel pump mounted on the frame rail, under the driver suppose to run after you turn off the key on my 91 E350?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question , the expert you had requested is not on line at present so I can help you with this, sorry for the delay.

The fuel pump should not run with the key in the off position and if it does then the usual suspect is caused by a sticking Fuel pump relay. You can check this by locating the FP relay on the right side inner finder and unplug it and see if the pump then shuts off. If it does then replace the relay. I have enclosed the location in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/FP%20relay%20Sept%2010.pdf

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short

Thank you, Ron