Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Have a 6.0 powerstroke 2006 codes,po335,p2614,p2617,p678,was

Customer Question

have a 6.0 powerstroke 2006 codes,po335,p2614,p2617,p678,was hard starting now no start
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

The motor oil could be a sign that the injectors are letting oil by and you need at a minimum of a seal job.

P0335 is the cam sensor. You said you took care of that.

p2614 is cam sensor voltage. There could be a pigtail issue sense you have two code for it. I would change the pigtail out since you already changed the sensor.

p0678 (presuming that is the code since first digit is missing) is Cylinder 8 glow plug fault. You stated you changed the glow plugs so that should be resolved.

Since you are getting the no start, change the pigtail to the cam sensor and see if the issue resolves. With the engine not seeing that sensor, it doesn't know when to fire the injectors.

Also be ready for the need for a seal job since you had oil on the glow plugs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy