sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2 weeks ago my r rear signal and brake light quit working.

Customer Question

2 weeks ago my r rear signal and brake light quit working. changed the bulb and still not working. the next week, the r rear was now working and the l rear is not working. it goes in and out on its own while signaling. any suggestions ? 2008 F350 Super Duty XLT 4x4
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add that I checked all the fuses and they are good.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the bulbs are good and you don't see any corrosion or burning on the socket or connector terminals then you either have a module or wiring issue. The turn signals and brake lamps are controlled by the mart junction block. It's possible that the failure is within the module but it's more likely to be wiring. You may have losing power or you could be losing ground, left and right use separate grounds so a lost ground will only affect one side.

Have you tested for power and ground while the lights weren't working to determine which was missing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not. I will try the hot and ground tomorrow.

Great!