jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

My ranger 2009 has a cooling system leak inside the fan and

Customer Question

My ranger 2009 has a cooling system leak inside the fan and heater cover box. Will a stop leak additive fix a clamp leak inside the box or do I have to to open the cover box to tighten a loose connection or what ever is dripping coolant?
Category: Ford
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

hi, I really wouldn't use a sealer nor stop leak additive .this will cause you other problems down the line .

to replace the heater core the book calls for around 9 hours labor and it involves removing the dash to get at the heater core ,this is one of those vehicles that they didn't think about for replacing the heater core .

please don't rate me negative because I am giving you bad news

there is no clamps inside the box for the heater core tubes ,just the ones under the hood

there is a video on you tube for a 2003 ranger which is the same ,pretty much for what you have to remove to get the heater core out ..jazzmaster ..

just type in the search box 2006 ford ranger heater core you tube