Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

The early ford cng compuvalve (2001 F150 7700) is giving me

Customer Question

The early ford cng compuvalve (2001 F150 7700) is giving me problems. I'm fairly adept at most mechanical issues, rebuilt motors, repaired ac, and even rebuilt an auto tranny,,, so i have some creds, but this thing is beyoud me. I really just want it to run on gasoline until I can get it to a shop or retrofit it with something a bit more stable. The compuvalve was rebuild 4 years ago by CNG Oklahoma. It will not run on gasoline or cng,, buuttt if I put a bag of ice on the compuvalve it will run,, redneck i know but it works. HOW DO I disconnect the frigin thing.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.

This will have to be bypassed or disconnected/removed by an authorized repair technician to avoid damage and injury.Usually all of the CNG components need removed to then put the vehicle back to gasoline and this usually requires engine computer programming as well which usually has to be done by either a dealer or authorized repair center.If this is not an option for you here on this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I would give this type of answer forum a chance. You said pretty much what the other mechanics said, just your answer cost 45 bucks (Anyway i think it did, it is really hard to tell on this site). Thanks though.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize my answer didn't help here.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As long as it doesn't cost any more, go ahead and open it up to all. This is such a unique deal though that I'm not thinking there is much else I can do but find someone to work on it. Ford won't and there aren't that many cng guys here in Tulsa OK. Anyway thanks for trying.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problemI will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

I will try to help you but i need a little more information, on your compuvalve is there a 2 wire sensor attached to it somewhere? If so this is a temperature sensor, and only because it will work when a bag of ice is applied to it, I'm thinking the temp sensor has failed in it, this sensor sends a signal to the programmer to determine the amount of CNG to send to the injectors, by varying the amount of time the injector is open according to ambient(outside temperature), similar to a cold start valve in an older fuel injection gas fueled design. Hope this helps, if so rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question. I live in Guthrie , OK not far from OKC, OK where there are two or three newly opened CNG repair shops. if you are unable to repair it yourself. I will continue to answer your questions even after you rate my service until your are completely satisfied with my answers.