Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

THE A/C ACCUMULATOR REPLACED. IS IT CUSTOMARY TO ALSO DO A

Customer Question

i AM HAVING THE A/C ACCUMULATOR REPLACED. IS IT CUSTOMARY TO ALSO DO A $130.00 A/C/ SERVICE? i HAVE A 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

In most cases, most shops will want to do the diagnostics in order to be sure they are making the correct repair and are replacing the correct part and or parts , so yes its customary and required to assure they have to stand behind there work after the repair if by chance the problem is not with a bad accumulator. You are best served to allow then to do all the diagnostic just for this reason .

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short

Thank you, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also asked: is it customary to also do an a/c service when replacing the accumulator? And what does this service entail?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes the system requires a flush as well as an evacuate and recharge when doing the accumulator.