Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2007 F-550 Lariat 6.0 with climate control. A/C compressor

Customer Question

2007 F-550 Lariat 6.0 with climate control. A/C compressor intermittently cuts out especially after hitting a bump. Have heard there was sometimes a wire that got hot or something and grounded out. Is there a common location for this happening?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

This more likely a poor connection not a grounding wire, that would result in a fuse failure. Can you start by unplugging all AC associated connectors, check for pin corrosion and loose wires or pins. Next we need to wiggle each connector and harness and try to make this occur at idle in park.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the Low pressure switch and have sprayed contact cleaner in that connector housing. The one connecting to the compressor is hard to get to. What other connections are there? Do you have a wiring diagram? This is a common issue with these trucks because I have heard of a lot of people having the same problem. It cuts out, goes to blowing hot air and won't start back unless you turn it off, wait a minute or so and then turn it back on. I have heard several people say they carry them in to the dealership for service and they replace multiple parts and it makes no difference. The last one I talked to said they finally traced it down to a wire problem but he didn't know where exactly. They put a dryer on mine and recharged the system for nearly $700 and granted it does work better when it is running, it didn't do anything for the issue I am having. It seems to be a wiring issue and as you said, probably more a bad connection than a short. If I had a wiring diagram or a part # ***** a partial wiring harness that may fix the problem I would appreciate it.Thanks
Rodney

Below is the wire diagram you asked for.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/dieselAC.pdf