Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2011 Ford F-350 tow lights won't work. I checked my trailer

Customer Question

2011 Ford F-350 tow lights won't work. I checked my trailer on a different truck and they worked. Checked all fuses and relays in cab and under hood. Nothing.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

It would be very odd for all lights at the trailer connector to be dead, since they all are on different fuses and relays. Can you turn the key on, set the parking brake, shift to reverse, turn on the headlights, and the hazard lights. Are all pins at the trailer connector dead, if so are you testing with the connector ground or another ground?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The trailer lights work when I hook it up to a different truck FYI. Let me go put my meter on it. Ground to chassis or plug ground?

I would like to know if all power pins to the lights, battery charge and brake electric brake are bad as well is the trailer connector ground pin is faulty.