Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

I want to disable the trunk release in my 2014 Taurus since

Customer Question

I want to disable the trunk release in my 2014 Taurus since I carry valuable equipment and have to valet park my car. I was thinking of an inline switch that I could activate from an easily accessible spot would be the answer. Is this doable?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Scott

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

You have to remember the rear seats fold down and provide access to the luggage compartment also. Does your Taurus have a my touch screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't know that the back seat folds down. Let me worry about that. I feel I can "lock" it so it does not fold down. Where is the best place to put in an inline switch and what color wire should I be looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, can you tell me where is the best place (convenient yet not obvious) to place an in line switch that would turn on/off the power to the trunk lock so that the button on the dash board and the button on the key remote will not open the trunk? Also what is the color of the wire that I should cut to allow placement of the in line switch. Is there anything else I should know before doing this?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

The best location to access the wire would be behind the drivers side kick panel. Connector #C215, wire color green/brown (pin #22). See attachments for connector location and wire location in connector.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7no8hfr2cw7mtip/Connector%20location.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0th1ra5fu09sme/wire%20location.jpg?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am assuming that the colored wires (red and blue) in the diagram are not the actual colors of the wires. The attached picture attached, I believe, shows the area your are describing. Is item A the same as C215? And is the green wire going into item A the green wire you are referring to? Or is the wire I am looking for in the area of one of the other letters B through G?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Its the green/brown wire in the "A" connector " Connector #C215, wire color green/brown (pin #22). "

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see a green wire, a brown wire, a gray wire, a purple wire, a yellow wire, and a white wire. When I think of green/brown wire, I think of a green wire with a brown strip, or do you mean a single color that is a shade of green combined with brown? The wires I see from bottom to top as they enter the white connector are: gray, yellow, purple, darker gray, gray, purple, white, green, brown and black. Which of those are the correct ones? Or is it the green and brown?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

I think there is some confusion with the correct connector. The wires in the connector should match up with the wires in the connector pinout diagram I attached in my first post. I think the connector is black, not white. Level with the emergency brake pedal, about 6-8" in front of it towards the firewall. Pin 22. I have the pin location highlighted. The wire colors are all listed there also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kenny,
1) Did you see the picture I attached to my email back to you of what it looks like under my dash? I labeled all the cluster of wires that I could see in the picture A through G.
2) What cluster of wires (A through G) is the one that I should be looking for the green/ brown wire?
3) Is the green/brown wire a) one color or b) green with a brown strip
4) What other information do you need to answer questions 1 to 3?
Jim Hamilton
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jim,

I did see the picture but my diagram shows the connector being black. This is from the Ford shop manual.

The wire should be green with a brown stripe. You should be able to use the connector pin diagram I provided to match up the wire colors and pin numbers to see if you are on the correct connector. Did you open that dropbox diagram? All the pins are labeled with wire colors and should match exactly. If they don't then it is not the right connector. I can't tell for sure from your picture. It is definitely an inline connector, meaning it has two sides that separate, not a connector that plugs into a module. Looking at the diagram again it might be more under the dash and not behind the kick panel. To the far left under dash close to the kick panel but not behind it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will look for a black connector and get back to you. I am going on vacation for 3 weeks so is it OK for me to get back to you then?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sure no problem