Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 1995 f350 7.5 gas truck it has a bad brake pedal

Customer Question

Hello I have a 1995 f350 7.5 gas truck it has a bad brake pedal it's fine until I start the truck then it goes to the floor I replaced the master cylinder bleed it still the same it seams to be a very comen problem with these trucks.i think it's a abs problem do I need a scan tool to open the rear abs valve?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You may have air trapped in the anti lock brake hydraulic unit.To remove this air this requires special tools and a special procedure.In some cases I have seen the anti lock brake hydraulic unit itself fail internally needing replaced to correct this here so if this bleed procedure does not work it may need replaced then re bled of air.

1. Perform conventional brake system bleed. 2. Connect Antilock Brake Adapter T90P-50-ALA (bleeder box) and Antilock Brake Adapter T93T-50-ALA (jumper cable). 3. Press down on the brake pedal (2455) and depress the VALVES button on the bleeder box ( brake pedal will fall). 4. Release the VALVES button and release the brake pedal. 5. Repeat above two steps once more. 6. Depress the MOTOR START button and let the pump motor run for one minute. 7. Perform conventional brake system bleed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.