Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2011 E 450 manual ac. some times the ac leaves the

Customer Question

I have a 2011 E 450 manual ac. some times the ac leaves the vents and goes to the defrost and hot air coming out of the vents. sometimes its in a pull but still stays there after leveling out. it does not always come back to the vent immediately. does
this have a vacuum reservoir as well as a electric door actuator. and where are they located. and ideas
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Yes, this system runs on the engine vacuum system.

Can you check something? Go under the hood on the passenger side and where the vacuum lines come out of the firewall, chase that line and see if you have any cracks or breaks along that line. They are notorious for drying out and cracking. If you find a crack or break, just put a piece of 5/32" OD rubber hose on it and it will seal that leak.

Another spot where they break is on the back of the head until There is a spot where the hose goes and it is held with 2 screws. They break a lot there and will cause this to happen.

If no breaks, then I would check for a seal leak on the blower box at the actuators to see if they are leaking.

I wanted to mention the other spots because I see those all the time. Especially that line under the hood. It gets dry rotted from the engine heat and breaks all the time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy