Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

Cods on cars Ford 2003 T bird P2107 p2110 replaced plugs

Customer Question

Cods on cars Ford 2003 T bird P2107 p2110 replaced plugs code came back replaced coils code came back. drive car slow down then codes show up. 21000 miles on car.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Both of these codes are pointing to a problem with the Throttle Body. Sometimes this is just a case of the sticking throttle plate and a good cleaning can solve the problem. With the use of some throttle cleaner and a toothbrush, clean the throttle bore and plate trying to get as much build-up out as you can. Make sure the throttle plate moves freely and there is no binding. If the cleaning does not help, then carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness to the throttle body for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, more commonly, the throttle body assembly will need to be replaced. Please remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the double-post however, the system is telling me you are awaiting my reply. Unfortunately, if you did send a reply to me, I do not see it. If you could re-send your reply we can continue on with your question. Thank-you.