Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Just rebuilt 1999 f350 7.3 truck plugged everything back in

Customer Question

just rebuilt 1999 f350 7.3 truck plugged everything back in cranks no fire. has fuel pressure in filter took off cover shot out all over the place. checked glow plug relay working both pcm and idi relays hot and working
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Do you have a scanner to be able to read the Injection Control Pressure? When you have the engine rebuilt, it loses the oil prime in the top of the engine and can take a lot of cranking to get these going sometimes. What I mean by a lot of cranking, I mean up to 3 minutes. Crank the engine no more than 30 seconds. Let the starter cool for a minute or two and crank again. This will keep the starter from burning up.

Now if the ICP is reading that you have a full 600 psi minimum, then there is another issue. That is where you check that everything is plugged in. IPR, Cam sensor, etc.

When you turn the key on, do you get the buzz test on the injectors? If not, start checking fuses to make sure you didn't pop on for the IDM bu mistake.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy