Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2002 automatic Ford F150. A couple days ago, it

Customer Question

I have a 2002 automatic Ford F150. A couple days ago, it died while I was stopped at a traffic light intersection. I cranked the car (it was a slow crank) and I was able to go my way. It hasn't died again since then but now I'm on edge every time I'm at an intersection. It's had a history of being pretty fickle vehicle.
Background info:
*Had a tune up last fall season
*Ran two fuel system cleaner bottles 2-3 months ago
*For years, it's always had an occasional rough idle especially when it's hot outside.
*For years, it's always had an occasional slow crank
*There was heavy rain that morning
What could it be? Could I just chalk it up to being an isolated incident?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I recommend having your alternator and battery tested for the slow crank issues. On the stalling event. Use brake cleaner to spray clean the MAF sensor, spray and scrub the throttle body with the brake cleaner and tooth brush. Follow the directions at the sea foam website for fogging the intake to clean the combustion chambers. Replace the idle air control valve. Remove both battery cables for 5 minutes then hold them together for one minute. your stall issue should be resolved and the performance should increase.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris