Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

My 2012 Fusion died on me tonight. My daughter figured out

Customer Question

Hi Steve, my 2012 Fusion died on me tonight. My daughter figured out it was the anti theft device. I had absolutely nothing, no dash lights, nothing when I turned the key. Can't move the shifter at all. My son in law and husband found that the battery was dead because of this and they charged it to get the windows up, but still can't start the car of get it into gear. I had to borrow a car to get to work tonight, but my car is blocking my husband in the driveway now. I need help!! Thanks a lot.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

I will try to help you, do you have a spare key that you could try, most of the time on antitheft issues, the ignition lock cylinder cannot read the key, sometimes the key just gets worn out and the chip can no longer be read by the antitheft system. If the spare key does not work, the vehicle have to be towed to the nearest Ford dealership to be properly diagnosed and repaired and then reprogrammed before the vehicle will start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I was trying to start it with my key, my husband also tried with his key, after having to recharge the battery because everything was dead. Looks like I will have to get it towed after I get home from work and wait for the dealer to open on Tuesday. I guess I will also have to start looking for another car. I have only had this one for 3 months! Thanks for trying to help.

Please rate my service a 3 or above, and if for some reason you can not, please ask another question ,I am here for you until my answer is to your satisfaction

please rate my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, please ask me another question, i will continue to answer your questions even after you rate my service until; you are completely satisfied with my answers.