James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2006 F250 which is having intermittent instrument

Customer Question

I have a 2006 F250 which is having intermittent instrument panel problems (power windows, panel and radio) goes off and stays off and then comes back on. It was doing it infrequently and now it's off more than it's on - is this a simple fuse issue or do we need to replace the entire panel?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, there are a couple ways to fix this concern. One is to send the instrument cluster out for repair. There are places online and they can repair these issues. The other option is to have a dealer swap it out with a new one and have them program it to the vehicle. I wish there were easier ways to service these components. Usually sending the cluster out for repair is half of having Ford replace it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you believe that it's the cluster and not something else like a short etc...? I forgot to mention that another issue when the instrument panel IS on is that the alert 'dinging' continues even when the key is removed and wheel is in correction position - is this also a symptom of the same or something else? Thanks!
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

It very well could be. They both run through the cluster and are known for failing. More the ground that controls windows and locks than anything.